Followers

Tuesday 30 September 2008

Bazzy's bent tail

Uh-oh.....I don't know how I did it, but my tail got all bent.

Mum and dad both had a poke around at it and moved it and stuff. It doesn't hurt me at all.

It just looks funny sticking out at 90 degrees. Mum thought it might be broken, but we went off to the vet and vet man says I have dislocated the joint at the tip of my Dale tail.

So now mum has to decide what we are gonna do about it. Bazzy says he don't care, cause it don't hurt.

Vet man says we can leave it alone (it may go back all on it own) or it may just stay bent forever.

The other option is to dock Bazzy's tail - oh noooooo, they gonna cut my tail off.

Mum says tail docking is illegal here in Australia, which is why Bazzy has a full tail.

But a vet will dock a tail for medical reasons. Looks like Bazzy has got good medical reasons.

Mum is gonna talk to daddy, see what he thinks........stay tuned.

Bazzy

5 comments:

Asta said...

Miss Ellie and Baz
I say if it doesn't huwt leave it alone..it's still bootiful
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Molly the Airedale said...

Can you wrap it up somehow like in a soft cast and it can repair itself in time, Baz?
It kinda gives you character!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Bazzy Bazzy Bazzy....too much bouncing off the walls that's what we think lol. Lucky it's painless. I wonder what the pinkies will decide to do......

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Princess Patches said...

Poppy's tail was sort of like that when she first came to live with us. Our peeple were going to have it fixed, but it became part of her personality so they decided not to fix it. It took a couple of years, but it eventually straightened out all on it's own. We hope you have a great weekend!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

George the Pup said...

Hi Ellie and Bazzy, nice to meet you! Wow Bazzy, that tail looks a bit tricky - I'm glad it doesn't hurt. My tail is docked, but it was done when I was really little so I don't really remember. I sure hope it works it's self out!

Mommy and I also wanted to say thank you so much for the thoughts about my Granddaddy. It' been difficult, but all the kind words have helped - thank you.

George and Mommy