Followers

Tuesday 11 August 2009

The Name Game

hey everyone
We decided we are gonna play the Name Game too.
Miss Ellie fot her name because mum wanted a little girly Dale and had a list of girly names, but narrowed it down to Lilly or Ellie.
On her AKC papers her name is AliOnARole. The breeder thought mum was calling her Ali not Ellie.

Now my name is another story.

As most of you know I came along right after Harley crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
Harley was my great grandma, and I was born 4 days after she died.
Her full name was Harley IsaStar.
Mum wanted a name that had a connection to Harley somehow.
But mum and dad never called Harley by her name - she was always called Bear.
This is because she was always so affectionate with mum and loved to cuddle.

So while mum and dad were waiting for me to grow into a big strong Aireboy so they could bring me home, they started looking for a name.

Mum comes from an Irish background and decided she would like a Gaelic name, so she started researching boys names.
She chose the name Bearach (because it had bear in it lol).
So my name is full name Bearach StaShine.
Mum also wanted to keep the 'star' connection as it goes back to Ellie and Harley's mum whose name was IceAStar.
And my dad Elton is also Elton IsAStar too.

But the translation of the Gaelic "Bearach" into English is "Barry".
Now in Australia any man named Barry gets nicknamed Baz.
So that is why my name is "BAZ".

Cool huh?

Love ya
Bazzy & Ellie.

5 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

We love both your names. If your mum ever gets another boy dale she might like to call him Noah.

Noah x

Miss Ellie and Baz said...

Ha ha Noah, mum says she doesn't think so because there will only ever be one Noah - you!

Love Miss Ellie.

Molly the Airedale said...

We never knew that about your names before! How cool! Ellie and Baz suit the both of you just perfectly!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

The Black and Tans. said...

Thank you for telling us about how you get your names, very interesting.

Molly, Taffy and Monty

Benson J Puppypaws said...

Hello Mr Baz and Miss Ellie

My name is Blackridge Jack Spratt on my birth certificate, and Geoff and Trudy call me Big Ben because I have some puppy fat issue's, but my new humans want to call me Benson, which is ironicle because Geoff and Trudy call me Big Ben?

Its all new to me because I am a puppy, and I dont understand things yet, but I think my new humans are pretty happy about me meeting you.

Lots of luv

Benson